
If you follow my blog, or even read it occasionally you are probably thinking "What has Emma done now?" Well, I will tell you!
It was going so well today. We woke up on time, got Gage to school on time, we met Bill in Pleasant Grove to grab my ipod that he took on "accident" (secretly, I think he LOVES my playlist!). We ate lunch in the McDonald's Playland (shh don't tell Bill). Then we shopped a few fabric stores for new pillows (I found some - thank you). We left Orem around 2:15 - just in time to pick up Gage from the bus at 2:40 with time to spare. And then it happened! On I-15 she starts crying.
Mom: "What are you crying about"
Emma: "I lost my ball WAAAAHAAAA"
Mom: "What ball?"
Emma: "That one I found WAAAAA"
Mom: "Where did it go?"
Emma: "WAAAAA I lost it in my ear"
Mom: "WHAT?!?!?!"
The problem was that I was on I-15. I didn't feel like it was completely necessary to pull over but yet, I feel the panic coming on. I mean really? What is a mom to do at a time like this? So I continued to drive.
Mom: "Does it hurt?"
Emma: "No"
Emma: "Mom, I want my ball"
At this point I am thinking "great, just great!" (can you type in sarcasm?). The next step was calling Bill. So I called him to ask him if he thinks I should go to the doctors office or the emergency room.
Bill: "Why did she put a ball in her ear?"
Beth: "Emma, Why did you put that ball in your ear?"
Emma: "Well, I was just playing with it and I put it in my ear."
I am so glad we got that cleared up! At this point, we arrived at the bus stop. Lucky for me, Jennifer Tanner pulled up (her husband is an RN). So I asked her to call him; for his opinion of course. He suggested going to the doctor first.
After an unsuccessful try to retrieve the ball with a straw taped to a vacuum; I give up and called the doctors office. They got her in within minutes (I live 4 blocks away). We saw the doctor and he managed to pull it out with some tool I thought was too big to fit in her little ear. All while the office girls were laughing their heads off.
Emma, Emma, Emma! (To get the full effect, shake your head!)
4 comments:
Wow! I think it's funny Bill wanted to know why she put it in her ear - like that matters. Ha ha sorry Beel :) Glad all is well.
You know, it makes me smile to know there is another child out there like my Archer. :)
Glad she was okay.... Just think of how funny it would be if it were to happen to someone else's child. :) Sending loves. :)
Funny Story, but I can totally see it. Hey followers of Beth's blog, you should ask her to post a picture of her new do. It is SOOO PRETTY! Love ya Beth.
Remember the story of Briggs and the 4 balls that he put in his ear all in about 2 weeks. I am thankful for that little tool. It is great. Glad it came out. I am with Becca! Post a picture of your new do!!!
Post a Comment