Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dear Mr. Hicken,




I know how you have loved every minute of the last 11 years with me. And how you appreciate all the cooking and cleaning I do around the house. All the sewing (um hello Boy Scout shirt) and the canning and the food storage I keep track of. Come on, you have to admit I am sort of like a domestic goddess these days; not to mention a sweet piece of eye candy (do I need to poll all the students at CST? and lose the last 40lbs I gained while pregnant with Maya). I have borne your children (and they are good looking & healthy). I have saved you bundles of money with all my sale stalking. I have been tolerant with all your crazy hair/beard/goatee styles and here is what I want in return;

Tonight we took the Young Women's group to Veronica's Bridal in Spanish Fork. We had a lovely lesson on modesty and getting married in the temple. Then "Mrs. Veronica" let us try on the wedding dresses! And I found one screaming my name. Now I realize we have already been married twice, and weddings can be rather expensive, but you know how hard I work around here (please re-read all the beautiful attributes I have listed in paragraph 1). The bottom line is - I must have this dress. I also need somewhere to wear it and so I propose we get married (again); and have a lovely wedding reception (again). Now, I can't promise inexpensive because well.... this is really not that kind of dress but I can tell you - it will be grand & magnificent & the kind of third wedding all couples long for. And you have been working so hard and deserve a party....so please?

Love,

Your Eternal Companion (Keep this in mind because, after all, eternity is a VERY long time!)

PS - Don't say no - I know where you sleep!
PPS - I will wear make-up & fix my hair for this wedding/reception (because I did not in these pics!) & lose those dreaded 40lbs(please see paragraph 1)

1 comment:

Katie Evans said...

that dress is beautiful! I never was able to be at either of your weddings so yeah lets have a third so i can be there lol!

love,
katie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails