Monday, June 7, 2010

Because girls will be girls......or whatever

Last Monday, Emma cut her hair.  I don't know why.  I was in the living room nursing Maya and Emma came in all smiles and giggles and cuddled up to my arm.  And that's when I noticed.  Her bangs were all short in the middle (please see below!)


And so I calmly (I was calm at this point because I didn't know there was more!) asked her where the scissors were and then I proceeded to follow her and that's when I noticed this:

And then I freaked!  I swear the room got smaller and my breathing became quicker and I kept thinking "THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!"  But it was.  And it was done...all over...her hair was gone.

So we made an emergency call to Lindy (Bill's sister) & set up an appointment for a consult because she does hair...professionally.  And she really is very good.   I initially thought maybe no one will really notice - we don't really have to cut all of it!  And I said so to Lindy but then Lindy burst the bubble and said "Just walk away & I will fix it"  and then there was this handed through the curtain:


And I started to cry & hyperventilate (yes I am lame like that) and Gage was imitating me & laughing about it hysterically.  And then there was this:


And this:


And finally it was finished!  It is a stacked A-Line (because she cut it so short in the back it was kind of the only option) and Emma LOVES it!




And now everytime it is washed I have to add product to it & I have to blow dry & flat iron it.....and now I am just glad that Maya was with me and Emma didn't play beauty parlor with her too!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love the haircut. But I was a mean mom when Sid cut his hair I didn't shave it off I made him go around with it until that section grew out. He now knows that if he cuts it mom won't fix it and people ask funny questions.

Season and Isabella said...

She looks so cute! I have heard many of these stories - my kids never did this. Weird huh? This will make for a great story for years to come! Good job mom. :)

Mandy said...

I've been there with Archer - several times. But Archer is a boy. And I have cried over his hair. So I get it. I (sort of) understand.

Lindy did an amazing job. She looks SUPER cute with her new hair cut.

Hair grows back. And it's cute either way. :)

Loves!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails