Emma came down with pink eye on Sunday....then on Monday night she had a very high fever (102) so I got her an appointment on Tuesday morning. The dr can't find anything wrong with her so we get home and I start to make some freezer jam.
Gage comes to me crying hysterically asking me not to be too mad at him - and he also mentions that his dad is going to kill him! So I said Gage you need to tell me what happened. Behind his back is a broken mercury thermometer! Bill got out every thermometer we have in this house on Monday night to make sure Emma's fever was accurate (it was of course!) anyways I guess no one bothered to put it away. So Gage decided to play with it and it ends up breaking IN HIS MOUTH!!! He said he spit out the silver balls! So immediately I call poison control who tells me I have HUGE problems! great - what do I need to do I say to Micah from poison control! Gage is still hysterical...so it turns out that mercury is only toxic from fumes but its a real pain to remove - Micah starts talking about ripping up carpet and replacing sofas etc but he gives me the number for the Utah County Health Department. So I call there - and basically they give me a few different ways to get rid of the mercury and tell me its not really a big deal unless it gets heated? what?? like no vaccuuming?? for how long?? ugh...I am starting to feel like I am going to pack up all Gage's toys and put them in the garage for an extended period of time. Meanwhile, Gage is in his bedroom praying that he doesn't die from the poisoning...this is the kind of random thing I expect from Emma not so much from Gage.
Anyways I think I got all the mercury balls - I didn't finish making the freezer jam until today but I did make it to Young Women's where I finished a pair of pajama pants we all made for camp! Mine turned out pretty nicely I must admit! And I am ready for school to begin - I realize it doesn't start until August 20something but a girl can hope right?
3 comments:
OH MAN! Well, at least he knew to let you know, right? And it turned out OK, right? And the fact that he's praying about it? That's a good sign too!
Good luck! :) I know I miss school already too! :)
Holy Cow! I am so sorry. Look something has sunk in if he told you and then went and knelt in prayer. One day, you will look back and say where did the adventures go? (I know it won't be for a long time but maybe someday) We would still like you all to come and visit us sometime.
Holy heck! Talk about stress! I so badly wanted to laugh, but no way ... I just can't! I have NO IDEA why kids do such crazy things. Really, they're nuts! Hopefully it's all gone. How did you get all the mercury balls out? I mean, no vacuuming??? whow
Post a Comment