Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Such a handsome boy!

It started with a letter from the school nurse; Gage had failed his eye exam.  I called Bill right away; I was freaking out.  I kept thinking that it must be some mistake because I was sure my boy could see - or rather that I hadn't noticed that he couldn't see.

I called the school nurse next.  I was sure she would tell me that they didn't really mean to send me that letter or it was all some sort of mistake; I really never noticed he had a vision problem.  After talking to her for about 10 minutes I decided that it was time to take him in for an exam and mostly so I could see for myself that my boy really needed help with the seeing.

So we get to the eye doctor and it is decided that I will accompany Gage into the exam and not Bill because I am the one with all the eye troubles (experience) and I am also the one who needs reassuring of whether or not Gage really needs glasses.  So they give him the test where he has to read all the letters and it was going well for the first 3 then he started saying letters that weren't there...then there were more letters that were not there & finally I realized my boy didn't have the perfect 20/20 like I thought he had.

So we called Bill in and picked out 2 pairs of glasses and Gage is perfectly happy with all of it!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Gage looks way handsome in his glasses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails