Gage has turned 8! He turned 8 on June 21st (remember how I said I was working on that birthday post? its not done yet!) Anyway, with turning 8 he's now a cub scout! That has been pretty exciting for Gage because Bill is currently the Cub Master! Bill has always been in scouts in some form since we've been dating. We actually had a bishop tell us "Once you're in scouts, you're always in scouts!" That has been a true fact in Bill's case. But back to Gage's Bobcat badge Achievement. So the ceremony goes like this: they call up the scout
And his parents- (love the hat Cub Master Bill!! haha) uhhm and yes that is an old maternity shirt I'm wearing...I'm making a fashion statement (laundry day!). So his Den Mother is talking about the badge and how he's earned it and all this fantastic stuff I can't remember....then she pins the badge on his shirt and she gives him a pin to pin on me!!!
Then Gage got to lead the scouts in reciting the Law of the Pack! Memorizing it is one of the requirements in earning the Bobcat Badge.
Here is a pic of my mother's Bobcat Pin:
It was a lovely evening and we are so proud of Gage!
Gage went to the Jeremiah Johnson Day Camp last Tuesday and earned/awarded these also:
Did I mention how proud we are of Gage?
2 comments:
Go Gage!!! Congratulations!
Yay Gager! Awesome job!
Post a Comment